Teachers/Administrators, please access the Grant Application here.
“The students have benefited in many ways from the Lego WeDo Kits we received from the CWCEF. Not only have they made great strides in learning physical science concepts and programming skills, but they have grown immensely as problem solvers and critical thinkers. These hands-on kits have allowed students who previously struggled, to shine.” – Jennifer Emmolo, Wilson Elementary School Media Specialist/Technology Integrator
Welcome to the grant section of our website. The Caldwell-West Caldwell Education Foundation (CWCEF) is a non-profit charitable 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide grant funding for new educational programs, technology and equipment in Literacy, STEM, Music and the Arts, Social Skills, World Languages, Physical Education and more. We support our Caldwell-West Caldwell school district’s exceptional curriculum, while inspiring and enriching our students’ academic experiences in our four elementary schools: Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington and Wilson, Grover Cleveland Middle School and James Caldwell High School.
Dedicated CWCEF volunteer members actively conduct fundraising events such as the Harlem Wizards games and Run for Education 5K and accept generous donations from individuals, local businesses, corporations and foundations to achieve our mission.
Let us introduce the members of the Grant Committee:
- MaryAnn Duren-Lubanski, Chairperson
- Madeline Brown, Board Member
- Mary Ann Campion, Chairperson, Board
- Ellen Coughlin, Secretary, Board
- Mary DeBonis Soccio, Board Member
- Rose Eckhardt, Board Member
- Sarah Acocella, Member
- Akiko Axe, Member
- Liz Garetano, Member
- Gary Pankiewicz, Member
- Suzy von Lengerke, Member
Teachers, administrators, and support staff in the Caldwell-West Caldwell public schools may apply for Caldwell-West Caldwell Education Foundation grants. Click here for the current application and please review the following instructions:
- SCHEDULE: Applications are due May 1 (spring grants) and Jan 1 (winter grants). Please complete and email the application to email@example.com. Applicants will be notified by email as soon as a decision is made whether their project/programs will be funded.
- APPLICANTS: Teachers, Administrators, Support Staff
- CRITERIA: Applications will be evaluated on the quality of content, number of students served, potential for replication and fulfillment of district goals. Applicants may be invited to appear before the CWCEF Board to explain their application. If an award is made, applicants will be required to give a synopsis of their project at the September Board of Education Public Meeting
- FUNDING: Mini Grants are up to and including $500. Extraordinary Grants are those that exceed the $500 limit. A grant may be partially funded.
- EVALUATION: If an award is made, applicants will be required to submit a brief description of the grant, to be posted on our CWCEF website. Applicants will be required to submit an evaluation no later than 30 days after the conclusion of their project/program.
- TECHNOLOGY: Requests for any technology must be reviewed by the Technology Supervisor to ensure compatibility.
- LIMITATIONS: Grants will be awarded for supplies, equipment, software etc. needed to implement the project/program. Equipment purchased through this grant becomes the property of the applicant as long as he/she is employed by the CWC school district. Salaries, stipends, transportation, chaperone costs and snacks will not be funded.
E-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.